SALTech Parent Involvement Upcoming Events
Parent Representative : Janice Bates Contact Number: 904.328.5001 ext 127
Duval County Public Schools Parent Academy
Duval County Public Schools (DCPS) has launched a Parent Academy to promote parental involvement and enhance student achievement. Academy classes will be offered in schools, libraries, community centers, government offices, and faith-based institutions. The Parent Academy will focus on three primary tracks: Student Achievement, Parenting and Advocacy, and Personal and Individual Growth.
- Student Achievement: Workshops and activities provide parents and caregivers with tools to promote students' academic achievement and navigate the school system.
- Parenting & Advocacy: Workshops and activities provide tools to more effectively enhance parenting, advocacy and leadership skills.
- Personal & Individual Growth: Workshops and activities provide tools for supporting the personal and professional growth of parents and caregivers.
Parent Academy courses are also offered on two levels:
FOUNDATION: Courses which address basic core concepts.
ADVANCED: Courses which explore concepts at a more in-depth level.
Academic advocacy and involvement by parents provide a foundation for success. Researchers have noted that family involvement and interest in a child’s education produces positive effects throughout the years, including the following:
- Increased achievement in math, reading, and science;
- Better attendance and homework completion;
- Participation in advance learning classes, additional earned credits & improved graduation rates;
- Early post secondary education and career planning; and
- Social and behavioral gains
To REGISTER Online Click Here
To Download The Parent Academy Flyer Click Here
To View the Parent Academy Online Catalog Click Here
To View the SALTech Charter High School Parent and Family Engagement Plan Click Here
For assistance with Homeless Click Here.
For additional registration options: Call the Department of Community and Family Engagement at 904-390-2960 or email kHobbs@saltechjax.org
SALTech Parent Center is located at 4751 Walgreen Road, Jacksonville, Florida 32209 ~ Contact Number 904.328.5001